Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Proverbial Truth

"The fear of the Lord leads to life, and he who has it will abide in satisfaction; he will not be visited with evil."
 ~Proverbs 19:23~

The Fear of the Lord: Knowing He is boss. Trusting Him absolutely. Believing what He says. Obeying what He commands. Honoring Him in life. Giving Him glory in deeds. Reverencing His name and making it known. Hating what He hates. Loving what He loves. Surrendering everything to Him. Laying down my life, dreams, desires and taking up the ones He has for me. Acknowledging His presence and purpose in everything around me. Seeing with His eyes and responding with His heart. Being quiet. Speaking up. Taking risks. Having dangerous faith. Dying everyday so He might live through me – or rather, I might live through Him.

The fear of the Lord is life.

Satisfaction: a constant state of being filled and fulfilled. Confidence and peace. Worry-free living. Knowing where I’m supposed to be. Doing what I’m supposed to do. Being who I’m meant to be. No wondering. No wandering. No doubt. No regret. No fear.

I will stand tall and walk boldly. I am an ambassador of love and truth and life. I am a carrier of the supernatural. Evil cringes at the sight of me. It cowers in defeat. Aimlessness and frustration have no place in my life. I know my God. I fear Him alone, and I am sure of the good things He has for me. I will abide in His satisfaction. No one and nothing can take it from me. My God is bigger and stronger than the thieves that seek my treasure. They do not stand a chance. No way. No how.

The fear of the Lord is satisfaction.

“The fear of the Lord leads to life, and he who has it will abide in satisfaction; he will not be visited with evil.”

No comments:

Post a Comment